A part-time Editorial Assistant position has become available at A greener life, a greener world. The Editorial Assistant helps to shape and manage our growing volume of environmental news content, with a focus on energy and climate change. This is an unpaid voluntary position in which the post holder would be given ample opportunity to showcase their editorial and writing talent on our expanding news site.
Main responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Editor with researching ideas for features and content
- Leading and assisting with the blog’s existing and new projects
- Researching video and social media news on our topics
- Assisting with the planning and scheduling of blogs
- Assisting with running our YouTube channel
- Writing and editing own blogs
- Proofreading and checking the accuracy of blogs
- Compiling and sending out the newsletter
- Assisting with social media
- Responding to emails and queries
- Assisting with increasing our contributor list
- Representing A greener life, a greener world at events
- Deputising for the Editor during holiday periods
In return, we will offer a full profile on our site, input into the direction of the blog and the opportunity to submit feature ideas and articles, as long as they meet our content and submission guidelines.
This position would suit a journalism / media studies / science student or recent graduate with a keen interest in environmental issues. It can be conducted remotely and / or from home.
Please apply by emailing us an outline of why the position interests you, including your CV and cover letter, via the box below or you can email us directly here. We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible.